Never miss a birthday again
1.7.2, 828KB, Mac OS X.4)
Freeware Donate if you like it.
‘Geburtstag’ is German for ‘Birthday’ which makes
GeburtstagsChecker an application that checks for upcoming
birthdays and reminds you of them to avoid potential embarrassment
if your memory is rather weak.
In doing this, GeburtstagsChecker aims to be both customisable and
easy to use. It allows you to import birthday information and the
display of upcoming birthdays is highly customisable, allowing you
to decide which of the information (e.g. birthdate, age, days
until birthday etc.) you want to see and how it should be
GeburtstagsChecker was designed to interfere as little as possible
with the daily use of your Macintosh. After you’ve taken notice
of the information GeburtstagsChecker’s window can be dismissed
with just one click of your mouse. The program can be made quit
automatically after this but it is equally suitable to run
permanently in the background and catch your attention whenever
new birthdays approach.
But GeburtstagsChecker is more than just a birthday reminder:
Of course, it can be used for other annual events
such as anniversaries, public holidays etc. as well. In addition
to the English version, GeburtstagsChecker is also available in
German, Spanish and Japanese. We appreciate your feedback.
An old version of GeburtstagsChecker that runs on the classical
Mac OS is still available on our old stuff page.
- 1.7.2 (2008-11-08)
- In some cases the age of persons was not displayed correctly. This has been fixed.
- 1.7.1 (2008-05-20)
- Anniversaries did not work on Mac OS X 10.4. This has been fixed.
- 1.7 (2008-05-16)
- GeburtstagsChecker now also reminds of other dates (anniversaries) from the Address Book
- Date designations such as “today” were not localised on Mac OS X 10.5. This has been fixed.
- Checking for GeburtstagsChecker updates is now done using Sparkle by Andy Matuschak. You can choose to automatically check for updates at each startup of GeburtstagsChecker in the Preferences dialog.
- Minor cosmetic improvements and bug fixes.
- Requires Mac OS X 10.4
- 1.6 (2006-08-01)
- Universal Binary
- Requires Mac OS X 10.2
- Missed birthdays would sometimes be displayed with an incorrect weekday – this is now fixed
- Doubleclicking a person in the list of all birthdays opens the person’s entry in the Address Book (if the person is in the Address Book)
- Fixed a bug where the names would not be displayed at all when using the nickname feature
- Added a preference for using the nickname stored in the Address Book (The nickname property is currently not supported by the Address Book but probably will in the future)
- Supports the Mac OS X 10.2 Address Book
- Birthdays not already in the Address Book can be moved there (“Edit menu”)
- New Image-Column for displaying the pictures stored in the Address Book
- Line spacing is adjustable in the announce window
- You can send e-mails directly from the contextual menu in the announce window
- The contextual menu in the announce window is also displayed when the left (or only) mouse button is held down
- 1.0.6 (not public)
- Dock menu
- The contextual menu in the announce window displays the birthdate in the date format specified in System Prefs
- Deactivated birthdays were displayed with missed birthdays – not anymore
- Apple-N adds a new birthday instead of creating a new list file
- Added option for not displaying the announce window when there are no birthdays to announce
- Bugfix: Missed birthdays were displayed one more day if they were displayed when GeburtstagsChecker was launched
- 1.0.1 – 1.0.5
- Mainly bug fixes. I cannot remember exactly, though :-)