Fun with your Mac’s Sudden Motion Sensor
4, 304KB, includes source code)
Requires Portable Mac with Sudden Motion Sensor.
Freeware Enjoyed it? Buy us a drink with your donation.
leave a comment
Thanks to: The unimotion project for making a library for reading the Sudden Motion Sensor on various computers and to Andy Matuschak for Sparkle.
Enjoying Skip Checker? … and have Apple’s Developer Tools on your machine? Then you may enjoy our Quartz Composer in Sudden Motion plug-in as well. It lets you use the current motion of your computer to control your animation in Quartz Composer.
- v4 (2006-10-27)
Plenty of changes and additions:
- Introduced a calibration of the Motion Sensor
- Introduced a new ‘Sound’ section that turns your SMS equipped computer into an instrument.
- Renamed ‘Fun’ section to ‘Vision’
- Fixed the file icon display
- about 50% speed improvement
- Internal restructuring to iron out some rough spots I didn't like
- v3 (2006-10-14)
A few tweaks giving:
- more reliable saving
- more reliable text colouring when loading a saved file
- hide the SMS value readings by default
- correctly set default value for repetition interval
- added Sparkle to automatically check for updates
- v2 (2006-10-09)
- Complete rewrite, extension and renaming to Skip Checker. New features include:
- Support for MacBooks and MacBook Pros thanks to the unimotion library
- Advanced mode for using custom scripts
- v1 (autumn 2005)
- Initial version, named SkipTunes that skipped songs on PowerBooks and iBooks when the computer was slapped