« Haldern Pop SaturdayMainHaldern Pop Finale »

Good Night White Pride

As this page seems to attract all sorts of ‘white supremacy’ people, let me make clear that it is about the graphic design of the ‘Good Night White Pride’ logo. Comments about the logo are welcome, as is clarification about its meaning. White supremacy rants, however, are not and will not be published.

This one is about design and how it is crucial to make a conscious effort to avoid bad design. While at the Haldern Festival last weekend there was the same guy standing right in front of me during two gigs. He was easy to recognise as he was wearing a very peculiar jumper. A jumper with a Good night white pride badge on the back.

Good Night White Pride badge I found the badge a curious in itself as I thought that the whole white pride thing is more of an American issue and we don’t have any problems like it in Germany – if only because there are very few people who aren’t white. But a bit of Googling revealed that Good night white pride is more related to the music scene. Particularly the Hardcore scene which seems to have a problem with racist or fascist people wanting to join in and turning up at concerts. So the fans seem to try and send a message against them.

And if you look at the graphics closely, you’ll even see the standing person having a HC label on its back, signifying the Hardcore community. Quite subtle, i.e. hard to decipher, particularly for things you only see on moving people at a distance. So I’d conclude, the badge’s design isn’t all perfect.

But that’s not my main point here. There was some more — unintentional – design to see. While the badge was sewed to the jumper, the guy was also wearing a hoodie beneath it. And with the hood not in use it looked like this:

And that could be considered a bit unfortunate. Inadvertently covering up the crucial part of the message you’re carrying around. Indeed we first saw the guy with the hood down and could just read the white pride. Which seemed strange not only because that’s a phenomenon you don’t expect to see in Germany. But even more because the Haldern audience generally consists of nice people and the guy didn’t look right wing or anything… so it took a few more minutes until the rain started once more and the guy put on the hood before we could make sense of what we were seeing.

August 11, 2005, 2:09

Tagged as design, good night white pride.

Comments

Comment by Heil Deutschland: Gravatar image

White Prode World Wide. What is wrong with white pride? Simply because you prefer your own kind who share similar culture and common values is not a virtue to look down upon.

August 27, 2005, 9:33

Comment by left side: Gravatar image

fuck nazis !!!!!!! fuck right side

December 26, 2005, 23:53

Comment by Good Night Left Side: Gravatar image

Move your ass and start doing something, not only shout in internet!

February 18, 2006, 13:28

Comment by ro: Gravatar image

i don’t get… is this a white supremacy group? i just discovered it on myspace, the symbol that is. and decided to google it. most of the info is in german, except for this site, and it’s a bit unclear as to what they really stand for. thanks!

May 18, 2006, 4:56

Comment by ssp: Gravatar image

I’m not sure it’s an actual group. But the term ‘white pride’ seems to be used for all kinds of ‘white supremacy’ movements. (see wikipedia).

‘Good Night White Pride’ then is against the ideas of white supremacists. But the term seems to have originated in the music scene where lefty hardcore fans want to fight against the takeover of their music by the right scene. That movement seems to be particularly strong in Germany.

May 18, 2006, 10:31

Comment by Austin: Gravatar image

saying your white pride dosnt mean your racist. it means your proud of your heritage and belives in the arian race.

June 9, 2006, 1:07

Comment by bauke: Gravatar image

dont you think that being particulary proud of your race an country . is a good way of starting to think less of other so called races and countrys . and in a further stadium even start to hate them or atleast get them out of your country , just becaus they make it less ‘pure’ ?

October 9, 2006, 14:59

Comment by White Pride Man: Gravatar image

Its not about hate, you see the white race is a minority, yes I said a minority, in the entire world, the white race is out numbered by ever race except the Jews. We are being destroyed, by Wars, and Miscegenation , the media, and governments!

And like the Jews we are trying to save our people, the only difference is that when we do exactly as the Jews do we are called racist!

I do not hate any race, I just love my own. I think that every race and sub ethnic coulters in every race has a right to preserve them self’s and there way of life.

To deny anyone this right is a crime against humanity, and it would also make you well, a racist!

January 4, 2007, 5:27

Comment by anti: Gravatar image

make a difference between white people and jews - thats called anti-Semitism (Germans tried that a while a go, and “Yes” the Nazis argued in the same way the “white pride man” does above)

and c`mon theres no coherence, that goes along with skin colour and culture

I hate fascists who try to explain theire sick attitude, in a rhetoric way …… please go and die you morons

February 11, 2007, 15:18

Comment by European Man: Gravatar image

While racism is very widespread in America, Germany has massive problems with racism, too. Endless attacks on immigrants by Neo-nazi groups. Demonstrations, racist music festivals, you name it. White Pride in the racist form is scary in Germany and has spread to other European countries. Fortunately the groups are small. Good Night White Pride is a great initiative.

February 16, 2007, 11:00

Comment by White Atheist: Gravatar image

The Bible says to pray for your enemies. Not “look down and laugh at all yall asses while you burn”. I am not a racist, although in today’s world it is very hard not to be. I went to public schools, I had to put up with the shit. I had to hear about how my great-great-great grandpa owned your great-great-great grandpa, and how I somehow owe you for that. I have White Pride. But that does not mean I am racist. It sickens me the way the white people have lost confidence in our pride and heritage. “Stand up and fight for your white pride!”. What is wrong with that? Why is there such hostility? Why do people get so pissed off when the words “White pride” are mentioned? I think it’s because of the past. But who gives a damn about that? It is OVER. I did nothing to you. Neither did any other white person alive today. (Not counting the hate groups.) I just want you all to think about what you say when it comes to religion. Don’t come at me with this talk about how you KNOW we’re going to go to Hell. How dare you pass judgement on anyone?! “Judge not, that ye be not judged” (Matthew 7:1). Just stop acting so religious, when you’re just as wrong as the whites were all that time ago. Your people have given yourselves the bad name and reputation. So just stop your whining and start working on the revocation of the race your own people have slandered. I am not going to sit back and allow the white race to dissolve. You bunch of morons. We Whites have every reason to be upset. The leeching on our country, causing taxes to increase, the “Equal Oppurtunity Employers” that will choose a black man over a White. Did you know that in Ohio the Section 8 (Government assisted housing) waiting list is over 2 years long? It takes two whole years for a person in need of government assistance to receive that help, and most of the time they aren’t even accepting applicants. Who do you think is taking up the greater part of that list? I think we should be upset. Get over it. I can’t wait for White History Month. That’d be nice. Still waiting… But back to the subject at hand. Grow up, get a life, and let us voice our opinions. You’ve voiced yours for so long. Now it’s our turn.

April 3, 2007, 14:52

Comment by anti: Gravatar image

i really can t understand what is so important with races ….. all u are saying is: don t make children with people which are not the same color - and thats called, as simple as it is, racism …… who cares if there s no white fucking race anymore

and please, the bible, hahahahahaha

good night white pride is a good organisation, which will fight fascism and rascism everywhere

April 12, 2007, 17:49

Comment by Mélissa: Gravatar image

I’m white and I think those stupid white pride fucking idiots are dumb! Fry in hell bastards! We are all the same, we all have the blood running through our vains, so accept that we are all equal and that we all should be treated like equals!

April 23, 2007, 21:11

Comment by logan: Gravatar image

i’m a white american and i’ll tell you that i’ve served two tours in iraq and i saw no kkk,neo nazi or white soldiers that did not have in their platoon a brown,black yellow or arab all those who serve their country and are willing to die for it are american and for the record whiotes are not native to this continent and ONLY whites of german descant have allienated the bbrowns and reds as illegals,non americans,i have never met a native american that was white!! HAHAHA no matter what youb think real americans serve protect and will surpass anything that you racist piece of shit you throw at america you german piece of shit. food for thought: whhy are why supremacist dissappearing? if you’re so supperior why are your numbers lower and lower each year?

April 27, 2007, 6:02

Comment by Shane T: Gravatar image

About the hole Biblical thing by Anti… It also says, not to be hotty and puffed up by [b]PRIDE[/b]

IMO I dont think its the “hey Im white” part that the world hates/loves, its the [b]pride[/b] part.. To be proud of who you are is one thing, proud of some else is too, But to Show off your Pride isnt cool…

“A rightuse man will never clame to be Rightuse”

From what I read on this thread, this patch has nothing to do with “beeing” White Pride or ‘white supremacy’

April 27, 2007, 7:57

Comment by furyskin: Gravatar image

YOUR ALL A BUNCH OF FUCKING SLAVES. not gonna argue with you, its pointless. not gonna try make you see the light, you are blind to it. all of you are a bunch of FUCKING BLIND SLAVES

May 8, 2007, 3:39

Comment by Annie: Gravatar image

These people really gross me out. Half of them claim to be people of God. Well guess what! That’s ridiculous. How dare they act superior to some one of a different color or background. I’m not going to sit here and quote God because obviously I can’t, but if they want to sit there and say that blacks are the cause of most of the crime in this country… then they obviously didn’t do their research. Whites are responsible for most of the crime in this country. Look it up! I’m ashamed of this country because of what’s its turned into. Created equal my ass! Excuse me but I have to pay for my education because of what my ancestors did to black people 200 years ago. No one is perfect especially those white pride idiots! Maybe they need to start worrying about how they’re going to feed the thousands of people that are starving to death in our country (which is the wealthiest in the world I might add) and stop donating money and time to all the websites that support their pointless beliefs! Can I get an AMEN?!? Y’all see what I’m talking about?

July 28, 2007, 6:12

Comment by Junior: Gravatar image

August 2, 2007, 11:08

Comment by Mike Ratliff: Gravatar image

I am proud of the fact I am white, as I believe everyone should be proud of their race and their individualism. Being proud of one’s self should not be used as a device to degrade any other races as you would be kidding yourself. The KKK and the Neo-Nazis make me ashamed to be white and I don’t like that at all, as any race should be ashamed of those who follow the teachings of hate. There was a white man named Willie Lynch and he was a very successful slave owner. He was so successful in controlling his slaves that other slave owners came to him for advice. He told them to use their differences against them. The old against the young, the light skinned against the dark skinned,and the male against the female. He would have the head male of a family ripped apart between two horses so that the woman would teach her male children to be more docile. The differences in our races, our religions, and our ideals are being used against us to divide us so that others are better able to control us. The KKK and Neo-Nazis and other of their kind are both victoms and loyal followers of Lynch’s evil philosophy. They only destroy that which they think they are fighting for. A house divided against it’s self will fall. That is we, as a people of earth, who fall. Let us be free men and women, not slaves to hate.

September 28, 2007, 2:50

Comment by norby: Gravatar image

Good night white pride!!! RIGHT…what are you soo proud of?? Is it a bigg deal to be white! in the war white man faught side by side defending each other!! I’m white and I’m not proud or anithing! By my poit of you white pride=rasism! you dislike a person just becous hes or her skin coulor is diferent or do you hate sombodi just becaus he is a jew !! I hate the idea of white pride.

September 29, 2007, 11:42

Comment by Dominateur: Gravatar image

geeez some of u reeli didnt get teh point of this…jsut read again teh part which says :Good night white pride is more related to the music scene. Particularly the Hardcore scene which seems to have a problem with racist or fascist people wanting to join in and turning up at concerts. So the fans seem to try and send a message against them.

Good night white pride is an awesoem idea…and noone from these ppl is bein racist fascist or anythin liek this..we jsut listen to hardcore and we dotn liek teh fact taht some nazis turn up at mosh pits!…..and we are proud of ourselves!..pride def doesnt mean rasism..everyone shoudl have a pride…and im fuckin proud to stand for this idea!

September 29, 2007, 20:04

Comment by Mike Ratliff: Gravatar image

I cannot see how an organization of whites against racism can be a bad thing. A group of whites fighting against neo-nazi’s who are trying to turn their preference in music into a stage for their hate can only be a good thing. The only ones that should find it bad is the neo-nazi’s, but that aint the way things work it seems.

For those who think pride is a bad thing, I gotta ask you why you don’t have pride in your children. Why don’t you have pride in your home, or your work. Do you just show up for life and wait till you die? The bad kind of pride is when you think that you are better than everyone else. That is the kind of pride that goeth before a fall.

As for pride, I was proud of my father. He took us from your typical hillbilly abode (4 room shack for 9 people, junk cars all around, no indoor plumbing, and drew our water from a hand dug well) to a decent home that we still live in today. He was proud to serve his country in the Marines, as I was proud to have served it in the Army. It is pride in oneself that makes me bath, clean up the clothes from the floor, and make sure I have nice clothes to wear for church. It was pride that made me good at my job and do nothing halfway. My misstakes do humble me, but it is pride that makes me get back up and do it better next time.

Let’s be proud of these young people making a stand for what is right. There’s and Amen for that.

October 7, 2007, 14:52

Comment by An American in Germany: Gravatar image

I find it sort of strange that Germans seem to think of neo-nazis as mainly an American phenomenon. I am an American who has been living in Germany for 4 months and I have seen five times the amount of neo-nazi propoganda/actual skinheads here in this short period than I had seen in my ENTIRE LIFE in the USA.

In the immortal words of the Wu-Tang Clan: you better check yourself before you wreck yourself.

Also, the authors original point about the poor placement of the hood is a good one, but even beyond that I think the design is quite poor because it does not clearly indicate whether it is pro/anti white pride. Maybe it was obvious to everyone else, but when I originally saw the image on a hoodie I assumed it was pro white-pride, perhaps because the image and slogan conjured up the infamous curb stomp scene from the movie “American History X” in my head (in which Edward Nortons character says, “Say good night” before cracking a black mans neck on the pavement).

November 21, 2007, 20:10

Comment by Jennifer: Gravatar image

By the way, just so all of you know… the blacks enslaved their own people before any white man ever did. They should just hate themselves, really. Do some research, it’s true

December 6, 2007, 3:19

Comment by Mike Ratliff: Gravatar image

At some point and time all our ancestors were guilty of enslaving themselves or others. There is enough hate to go around. If anything, we should hate bigotry and indifference. Let us hate murder, rape, and child molestation, but let us not hate each other. We are all God’s children. Lest we forget, Christ was not white, despite all the paintings we have of him. He was also a Jew. However, I am certain that he would be a shamed of us for making such distinctions anyways, whether in regards to him or each other. Be at peace.

This forum is about a group of young people who got together on their own to fight against those who would use their choice of music as a spring board for their message of hate. You may not approve of the music they listen to, but in any event it is their music not yours. They have their priorities straight when it comes to messages of hate, how about you?

December 7, 2007, 17:50

Comment by Anonymous: Gravatar image

WHITE POWER!

December 19, 2007, 8:25

Comment by Mike Ratliff: Gravatar image

White power! White power! Come on guys, you are so worried about black power that you cannot concentrate on making whites powerful. Your only thought is to make some one else less powerful and only empower them more. Work on stopping white rapists, white serial killers, white wife abusers, and white thieves. When you get the white race perfect then you are free to cast a stone. Remember that Christ said that we have all fallen short of the glory of God. So you got a lot of work ahead of you to get to cast that stone. When you finally get the white race perfect, you may find that the color of your skin is irrelevant anyways. I already know that they are God’s children too.

December 20, 2007, 6:49

Comment by Yosh: Gravatar image

Everyone should be proud of who they are. I am white. I am proud. I would say I’m not racist but that would not be true. After a lot of effort I have become much better about it though. Growing up in the uber conservative midwest and having many very racist family members it was kind of bred into me. Something such as that takes a lot of work to overcome. Many people have told me that I am a nazi, white supremacist etc. because I am proud to be white. They have also said that being proud to be white means I am proud of every single bad thing any white person in recorded history has done which is just ridiculous to me. I will not hang my head in shame for the actions of a few.

Too much talk of the christian god here for my taste but that’s another subject entirely,.

December 28, 2007, 11:08

Comment by Mike Ratliff: Gravatar image

We all have some degree of racism in us; it cannot be helped. It would be remiss of me to say I am proud to be a particular color. What is color, but a tone, a texture, some thing really irrelevant to what makes a person who they are? I had no choice as to what race I was born as, nor does anyone. I am not good looking, healthy, or particularly intelligent. This is the life that I was given and I will not be ashamed of it. This is the task that was given me and I will be proud to bear it. This is the pride I speak about. It is not because I am the same skin color as Abraham Lincoln. That would be offset by the fact I am also the same skin color as Adolph Hitler. I could even claim pride in my father who would administer to the sick even when he was on the verge of death as well. I am but a shadow compared to him. Should I be ashamed that I am not the equal of my father? No, that was the task set before him, as my life is the task set before me. If someone compares me favorably with my father I will take pride in that fact, as I would have done something really good. I would be just as proud and honored if I was compared to Martin Luther King!

December 28, 2007, 14:10

Comment by PhilG: Gravatar image

The use of symbols always has the problem of identification. Until people widely know an image it can be misunderstood. In the design this symbol has attempted to avoid misunderstanding through the use of an image telling a story. You understand a Swastika in western culture we see a symbol of intolerance and hate. You understand the simplified image of a man that means mens toilet. We know these images. The Good Night White Pride symbol requires a lot to be taken in and understood, it is not a symbol it is a badge trying to make a statement. This does not make it a bad design any more than a Swastika is a bad design because of the W**KERS that use it.

Personally I try to show no preference to any race, I have met good and bad of all races, creeds and religions. Perhaps the the Anti Facist movement needs to find its simple iconic symbol, like breast cancer found the pink ribbon. Perhaps the old SHARP Skins Trojan should be revisited With modern icons acceptance not design is the key.

You can keep your white power I’m into electric power, screwing the world with my carbon foot print.

February 13, 2008, 16:55

Comment by Janne: Gravatar image

I don’t understand why you expect white pride to be a phenomenom only related the US? At least it exists in, for example, Finland, where I live, and I’ve seen even loads more of it in Germany than here.

It is true though that this design is not very clear and not very good at all.

March 24, 2008, 11:29

Comment by Crash: Gravatar image

to you “anti-white-pride” people in here. what the fuck is wrong with you?

white pride is in No way racist. just because some racist people use that slogan for racism doesn’t mean it should be betrayed as a racist thing.

i am “white pride” till the day i die. i am extremely proud of being white, and extremely proud of my culture.

i may have a shirt with the Celtic cross with the words “white pride world wide” on it. that doesn’t mean I’m walking around in overalls with pitch-fork in hand yelling “im gunna lynch me some naggers tonight yee haa!”

u know? and this badge saying “goodnight white pride” is just fucking ridiculous. and to see White people themselves supporting this just fucking disgusts me.

The way people are raised today is to believe that it’s Racist to be White. And grow up hearing things like, “its our faults that blacks live in the ghettos and are in gangs” and we should feel bad for the millions of blacks and mexicans that live in poverty.

Speaking of ghetto’s… may i point out that the vast majority of ghettos in America are inhabited by blacks or mexicans? i mean go to Compton, go to Watts, and East LA. you would be lucky to go through those citys and not get shot at.

can some body please explain to me y i have never seen a white neighborhood riddled with drugs, gangs, crime and prostitution?
i mean sure.. theres trailer parks, but the worst ive seen in a trailer park is some guy with a mullet and a 12 pack of coors-light hanging out in his front yard.

And is it Soo fucking impossible that whites and blacks didn’t evolve the same? i mean obviously they evolved physically much different then we (whites) did. so there has to be a chance that they also evolved mentally, much different then whites did. perhaps more aggressive or violent then whites.

and im probably going to be called “an ignorant racist bastard” or “stupid hick” or some shit if this is posted. but im always open for criticisms! haha

-Crash

April 3, 2008, 23:07

Comment by AL: Gravatar image

YOu are a bunch of brainwashed idiots. If you hate yourself how about just hanging yourselves. Then we wouldn’t have to put up with your commie crap.

April 26, 2008, 22:35

Comment by mira_oe: Gravatar image

Good night white pride !!!

May 16, 2008, 13:50

Comment by annoyedbykids: Gravatar image

You know what?? You all try living in New Orleans for about a month and see how much racism you get from black people and then talk about something ok?? Try experience. It’s ok to be proud you are white. Why not? What is wrong with you people??? Be proud of yourself, that doesn’t mean you have to hate other races, but that also doesn’t mean other races don’t hate you. Lets not all be stupid little children here ok?

May 27, 2008, 23:38

Comment by anti: Gravatar image

boa …. still the same discussion?

to Crash, Al and annoyed…. this argumentation is and was quiet common and thats why such organisations like “goodneightwhitepride” are soo important, now I have the opportunity to say it loud “this is racism” if u r not …. go and be proud of beeing human ….. and the whole issue bout ghettos and shit …. please, go and read some more books, this is ridiculous, i m from germany and i know that your argumentations are wrong (if necessary i`ll give you a lesson in american history, which is not a white history)

@Crash: u are a fascist, go and look this word up in a dictionary

July 14, 2008, 15:31

Comment by Dan: Gravatar image

crash you are an idiot.

you can be proud of you being white, but dont talk down on blacks and mexicans.

i can understand what you saying about them with their diffrent culture and way of life. but in the USA is almost more then 200 years, they forgot their culture twice and black people their are americans just like you. the point is, that today they are still idiots like you, that still belive (as from what i can understand here) that neighborhoods should be divided by race, wealth and culture, and that is exactly why they live like shit, because the same people who diveded them from general socity divided them because they dont want to see them, because they dont give a fuck about them, and when no body gives a fuck about you, and even forces that are greater then you and you need them for you everyday survival , dont give a fuck about you, so ofcourse you will do drugs, make crimes anddo anything to harm that establishment. let them mingle with the general population and see what will happened, every balck living next door on the right with a white, and on the left with asian, and above him live a south american, a health multirace neighborhood, just then, everyone will be happy and successful. people will know each other and the government will take for the neighborhood as a whole.

August 7, 2008, 9:06

Comment by M. Woodruff: Gravatar image

TALKING ABOUT RACIST! I am not racist by any stretch of the imagination! For me to express my right to be white is considered by some to be ‘racist’; for me to be proud to be white is considered by some to be racist. The blacks have Black Entertainment Television (BET), N.A.A.C.P., United Negro College Fund, Miss Black America and teh list goes on-and-on. If white people were to even attempt to have anything that resembled us being proud to be white, we would be considered “racist!” Can you say DOUBLE STANDARD????????

August 11, 2008, 3:21

Comment by anti: Gravatar image

@M.Woodruff:

how stupid are u? these organisations came up because there was (and obviously still “is”) not a fair competition, and the reason might be that there are white people in charge, how would u call this? u r right - racism …..

August 11, 2008, 20:00

Comment by Desertkraut: Gravatar image

GOOD NIGHT WHITE PRIDE is not about black people against white people or shit like that.

This campaign got started by Hardcore Kids in Germany. The reason for it was that we had more and more Nazi-scum showing up at Hardcore-punk shows. They were attracted by the sound of bands like Hatebreed, Agnostic Front, Madball and so on.But since Nazi-punks are not the smartest, actually they fucking stupid, they don’t understand the lyrics and the meaning of the songs. But we didn’t want to put with those assholes anymore, so we started campaigns like GNWP or LET’s FIGHT WHITE PRIDE.And we needed to, because there were a lot of Kids that didn’t even get it, and thought that all the Skinheads, especialy at Oi-Punk shows, are “White Pride”.It got so far that some Nazi fuck-off’s even jumped on stage and hit Roger Miret(Agnostic Front) for singing “Fuck your facist attitude”.And Agnostic Front are in Hardcore what was NWA in Hip Hop.

You have to understand that in Germany there are almost no black people or latinos. So when you say you’re “white Pride” it’s pretty much the same than being a NAZI. And that means you hate everybody who is not a white guy from Germany.Even white people from the USA.In the end, you were the ones that defeated the NAZI’s in WW2. And I still want to say: “THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THAT!!!!”

I moved from East Germany to Phoenix/AZ a few years ago. And here it’s totally different. In the US you have regions or citys were white’s are actually a minority.And there the whole meaning of white pride get’s totally different.There is a song by MINOR THREAT that describes that very good. It’s called “GUILTY OF BEING WHITE”. Check the lyrics out and you’ll see that it is an anti-racist song, and I know for a fact that Ian MacKaye wrote that song with that intention.Because where he grew up,only 10% of the people were white.And when a black person talkes shit to a white guy or beats him up, because of slavery and segregation, that’s just as racist to me as the other way around. So I just want you guys to know that GOOD NIGHT WHITE PRIDE is all about the Hardcore scene and it’s Kids.In the end you go a show to have fun and not fight with fucking Neo-Nazis.They don’t belong there because the Hardcore/Punk scene is for tolerant and open mined people.

Greetings to my friends @ Conne Island/Leipzig, AJZ Talschock/Chemnitz, Schlachthof/Dresden and Jugendhaus/Rosswein and everybody I forgot.

September 13, 2008, 23:56

Comment by rj: Gravatar image

Its not called pro white genius, it’s self preservation. Go ahead and vote osama obama & in the mean time, check his voting record & see how he has voted for white america & filled your pockets!!!

November 2, 2008, 5:17

Comment by KuhBubba: Gravatar image

White Flour! White Flour! White Flour!

December 21, 2008, 4:15

Comment by zeroexcuse: Gravatar image

Firstly, thank you Desertkraut for actually giving an excellent account of the background story and also having one of the only rational thoughts posted.

Secondly, the image for GOOD NIGHT WHITE PRIDE is not the best idea for communicating their set ideals. It is vague and takes a quite close look to understand what is being said. One must know the symbols being used to comprehend it fully. It, although, has probably proved useful in the hardcore scene where the sects easily understand the imagery. I personally don’t like the imagery used because violence rarely solves issues. Ill-thought ideas such as the use of Fascism for ideological ends should never be accepted. Yet, the use of violent images does not make me want to jump up and support the likes of anti-fascists who lead this idea. This is simply being fascist against different fascists. Self-serving hypocrisy, in my opinion, is a greater evil.

Lastly, I am a “white” American. My family history in North America goes back well past the American Revolution. My ancestors most likely held some role in the plight that was slavery. I am aware of certain ancestors participating in the US Civil War, on the side of the Confederate States of America. I say these things only because of their popular position in the issue of race-related bigotry and violence. I know how misplaced hatred and also naive philanthropy can wreak havoc on human situations. That being said, I will NEVER question my past or my pride in who I am. But I insist that instead of promoting violence and hatred towards others we should reach out into our neighborhoods and rediscover the value of community to work together to strengthen and uplift our societies and cultures that we have every right to have pride in (regardless of race). Such is my idea of White Pride.

January 7, 2009, 2:39

Comment by zaku buddy: Gravatar image

HATE HURTS EVERYONE IN THE END. but people only see it once it’s too late. you’ll figure it out one day, i assure you.

April 8, 2009, 11:51

Comment by bob: Gravatar image

The good night white pride could be associated with R.A.S.H(red and anarchist skinheads). Just as it seems in the early 60’s the skinhead counterculture was started consisting of white and black skinheads. As generations progressed some how skinheads got the tag for being racist this is not true but the ignorant youth fallowed. Most kids decided if they were racist they were skinheads, groups like R.A.S.H,S.H.A.R.P(skinheads against racial prejudice)and good night white pride started to give the image that fascist groups or the national front were not skinheads, the media did what it does best and helped spread the idea that skinheads were racist. there are still skinheads claiming A-politics (traditional skinheads) today. the badge itself is a picture of a black male kicking a white supremacist in the face, the badge was developed out of this picture.

May 6, 2009, 18:16

Comment by Steven: Gravatar image

I think it depends on how you look at white pride. Here in the united States there seems to be some kind of stigma on someone saying that they have pride in being white. I’m proud of being from german descent, but I have been criticized for saying it out loud. I’m not rascist but it bothers me that every other race can say they have pride in who they are but I cannot. So I dont like the whole concept of good night white pride. I have always been one to say everyone has a right to their own opinion and that includes something as stupid as racism.

May 19, 2009, 2:16

Comment by ilhu: Gravatar image

good night white pride stickers have been found in various places around the downtown montreal [that’s canada!] core. having begun my own artistic inquiry into the swastika as a symbol, i collected the stickers i found. on one, we have the silhouetted figures of some guy about to beat some other guy with a swastika on his chest with a sihouetted bike. also featured is a website link gnwp.czechcore.cz now, the site is in czech, so comprehension is nil on my parts, but it looks to be run by a group of cryptofa hardcore whatevers. violence is the answer, in the end. i don’t think the stickers are effective in educating the people of montreal the intentions of the group, with the exception that it seems to be ok to smash people so long as they have swastikas on their chests. cheers!

June 14, 2009, 4:00

Comment by matt: Gravatar image

come on. im white. i am a strong supporter of stomping out racism and bigotry. but there is a difference between pride and racism. im white, im proud of my heritage. that doesnt mean i think someone else is lowly or not a human being just like me. think about it, when black people have black pride is it called racism? no it isnt, the same should go for any race proclaiming their pride. its kind of like the skinhead culture, somewhere the line got blurred and now people think skinheads are racists just because of some boneheads calling themselves skinheads and hating people.

August 2, 2009, 21:05

Comment by matt: Gravatar image

to anti well your input is completely invalidated now because america has an african american president.

August 2, 2009, 21:12

Comment by Lukas: Gravatar image

@matt: Black pride is a reaction to oppression. If somebody tells you that you’re inferior due to an attribute of yours you can’t control, saying “Oh yeah? Well, I’m proud if that!” is a natural, human reaction. Black pride is an act of defiance.

Nobody is running around telling white people that they’re inferior. There’s no reason why white people should have an inferiority complex which compels them to pronounce how proud they are because they happened to be born with white skin color.

Because if you think about it, what is pride? In my definition of the word, I’m proud when I’m satisfied with something I’ve achieved. It’s strange to be proud of one’s skin color, because it’s a random attribute. I have white skin color not because I achieved it, but because I happen to have been born with it. Logically, saying that you’re proud because of your skin color is akin to saying that you’re proud that you got hit by a car in an accident. It just happened; it’s not something you have achieved. At least black people are doing it out of defiance.

August 3, 2009, 10:19

Comment by Austin Sobek: Gravatar image

Lukas, saying your proud of your race could mean many different things to different people. To me to have pride in your race doesn’t mean that you feel, because you are a member of that race, your superior to people of other races. I think saying you have Black Pride or White Pride ect, could just mean that although some people may hate you due to the color of your skin (ignorant people), you are saying that you are not ashamed of the color of your skin: actually, your quite proud. I’m not saying I’m one of these people.(and hey, there might be some guy running around, telling white people they are inferior, you never know)

Also, as far as racism gos, there is equal racism thrown around everywhere. What annoys me the most, are people who complain that racism is responsible for the fact that they are sorry sacks of human beings. You, regardless of your race or gender can only succeed if you fucking work hard for once in your wretched lives!!! Or if by some small chance you hit the lottery or something else of the sort.

Lastly, in response to “Junior’s” comment(i know it was posted in 2007, but it still needs to be addressed.) or as i am now referring to it as, the most ignorant comment I’ve ever had the displeasure of stumbling upon. Junior said, “Shut up dont talk bout brown pride bitch im brown and proud the reason why we dont you whites is because you putas have everything in life we dont we havd to bust our ass everyday and you guys are all racist yourselvs cause if we try to buy a house you bitches turn us down you bitches dont care cause you have it all so shut your mouth pinche cavon white haterz”. Ok, white people have everything in life? What does that even mean? And instead of putting racism at the top of the list of reasons for you “having to bust your ass everyday” or getting denied a mortgage on a house, why dont you ask yourself a few questions:

1. Do you present yourself as a respectable person, or do you run around calling people putas?

2. Do you speak like your a learning impaired four year old(how you type), or do you speak with correct grammar or at least the basic fundamentals of grammar?

3. Do you have shitty credit? - it would explain you getting denied a loan for a house.

4. Are you mentally retarded and actually believe all white people are racist and are somehow born with “everything in life”?

White people have no special freedoms(In the U.S., im not sure of other sountries), and are not deemed more eligible for things. Actually, “minorities” more than often are accepted into ivy league schools with as low as a B average, a mid-high SAT score, and a few extra-curricular activities. On the other hand, white students are rarely accepted if they have less than an A average, phenomenal SAT scores, and a few extra-curricular activities. Although this is a fact, I’m not complaining, because i was willing to work that much harder to gain acceptance. My roommate(a black man), also studies at Harvard Business School, yet I’m not angry with the fact that its not fair that he didn’t have to work as hard to get to the same position as myself(as a matter of fact, i respect him just as much as any other student of any decent), because I’ve come to terms with the fact that life isn’t fair, so unless you have a way to stop life being unfair, you should suck it up and get fucking used to it. My point being, if you feel you are facing adversity, work to overcome it, rather than just complaining or blaming white people.

August 12, 2009, 19:12

Comment by Christopher Scum: Gravatar image

I really don’t much like anyone, but that has nothin’ to do with color, the world is full of fake asshats! However, my only point is how can you be so proud, base your soul existence on something thing you had no control over. You were born into your skin, it wasn’t an accomplishment. Stop acting as though you have achieved some greatness by being born light skinned, you had nothing to do with it. As far as the White Power kids screwing up the music scene, well I think live and let live. If they wanna come hear a band we like so what as long as they aren’t physically acting out. If you exclude them for their beliefs you’re as bad as they are. No limits/No rules! C.Scum

August 29, 2009, 15:36

Comment by danny: Gravatar image

reverse-racism now rules everything in america

August 29, 2009, 23:10

Comment by No racism No Nazism: Gravatar image

i have no problem with white pride, Asian pride, black (afrikan american) or what ever thej want to call it. and latino pride. as long as thej dont hate other people like if ur white and ur proud its fine just dont hate others if ur black and u are proud of it dont be racist. ive got pride for my race (asian) and ive got no problem with white pride as long as thej dont hate other races and i dont hate other races i love em all and god bless you all

August 29, 2009, 23:46

Comment by Rude Skin: Gravatar image

Just here to explain that tradicional skinheads are not nazis. Skinhead was the result of the union between jamaican rude boys and english mods. The nazi shit started in the 70’s god knows why…

November 11, 2009, 20:24