Analyse your phone bill
1.15, 785KB, Mac OS X.4)
Donationware: Try it, Like it, Donate.
Rechnungs Checker reads the itemised phone bill files of various providers (Skype Out, British Telecom, O2, Deutsche Telekom, NetCologne) and helps you split up your phone bill between different people or tasks. It turns the chore of splitting the bill of a shared flat, a small company or a family into a quick and pain free task.
You will have many handy tools at your hand: Ranging from quick internet searches for numbers that couldn’t be assigned automatically, to the ability to split the basic fee as well as the costs of certain communal calls between all parties, to sending e-mails with all the relevant information of the phone bill to all the people involved with a click of the mouse.
Leave a comment
- 1.15 (2010-05-11)
- Support for new/different file format by O2 in the UK.
- Improved string truncation in the list of calls.
- Internal improvements.
- Small UI tweaks.
- 1.14 (2010-01-05)
- Requires Mac OS X.4 to run.
- Includes a 64bit binary.
- Uses proper filter field and reposition it at the right hand side of the window.
- Updates German localisation to Mac OS X.5 style.
- Updates English Localisation to use ⌘-, for opening the People Editor.
- Redesigned People Editor.
- Updated Icons.
- Uses default tax rate of 19%.
- Adds parser for the rather incomplete bills by O2 in the UK.
- The triangles indicating the contextual menu do not appear in printouts anymore.
- Improved column resizing.
- Made selection of e-mail type more persistent.
- Fixes problem with shared costs not being displayed correctly immediately after opening a file.
- Made Destination column’s title adjustable by the parser in use.
- Donations now work via PayPal only.
- Handles unexpectedly formatted files more gracefully.
- Drops middle 0 from version number.
- 1.0.13 (2007-03-13)
- Last version supporting Mac OS X.3 – [download]
- Support for Skype Out phone bills.
- Adaptation to an occasional change in the file format by Deutsche Telekom. If you can open your files just fine, you won’t need this.
- 1.0.12 (03-01-2007)
- The menu for selecting the caller will now also be opened by the wrong mouse button on the whole width of the line.
- Updated the address used for reverse lookups of phone numbers in “Das Örtliche”
- Solves a problem that caused the wrong name from the address book to be displayed for a call.
- Automatic checks for updates with Sparkle.
- 1.0.11 (23-05-2006)
- Universal Binary.
- Added ability to copy the currently displayed list of calls from the first tab.
- Small improvement of the info text beneath the Call List.
- 1.0.10 (04-03-2006)
- Support for reading online phone bills by BT.
- Localisation and currency format fixes.
- 1.0.9 (15-07-2005)
Improved integration with Spotlight. Rechnungs Checker will now automatically get Spotlight’s search term when a file is opened and put it in the filter field.
- 1.0.8 (24-05-2005)
- Fixed a bug introduced in the 1.0.7 version that prevented downloaded files from being opened. Thanks to Holger Bartels for reporting the issue.
- 1.0.7 (13-05-2005)
- Address Book integration will now display the names of companies called as well.
Support for Spotlight in MacOS X.4 has been added. Phone numbers, place names and phone service providers in saved files will be found. [Note that we have little experience with Spotlight, so we appreciate your feedback on how well this works.]
The contextual menu for non-assinged calls now contains a menu item to reverse lookup the (German) phone number using the web site of “Das Örtliche”.
- 1.0.6 (13-01-2005)
- Support for phone bill files by Arcor.
- Fixes a display problem.
- 1.0.5 (17-12-2004)
- Better support for phone contracts with multiple numbers (e.g. O2’s ‘Partner’ contracts or ISDN). The case when one of your own numbers is phoned from one of your other phones is handles better now.
- Support for reading online phone bills by NetCologne.
- Internal improvements for better recognition and distinction of different file formats.
- 1.0.4 (06-12-2004)
- Support for reading online phone bills by O2 (presumably from their German subsidiary only). We haven’t seen too many of those bills yet. So be careful and make sure to compare the total amount that Rechnungs Checker tells you with that given by O2. In case you experience any problems, let us know.
- 1.0.3 (02-12-2004)
- Integration with Address Book. If a number from the phone bill is found in the Address Book, the person’s name is displayed along with the number.
- 1.0.2 (08-11-2003)
- 184.108.40.206 (07-08-2003)
- Changed help file to reflect changes in the wording of the Deutsche Telekom website.
- 1.0.1 (23-02-2003)
- Fixed problems that caused information entered for a person to be overwritten by those for a newly added person.
- Files with incomplete information for calls (e.g. German railway information that doesn’t specify the duration of a call) can now be saved.
- Switching from the ‘Analysis’ tab to another tab won’t cause the document to be marked as having changes that need saving every time.
- RechnungsChecker will now remember the most recent settings you entered for the basic fee and tax rate and insert it into any subsequently opened documents.
- 1.0 (11-02-2003)
- Added little triangles to ‘Caller’ column to make it look more clickable.
- Added English localisation [earlier entries to version history are German-only]
- Bug bei den Personeneinstellungen behoben, der zu Abstürzen führte.
- Menüpunkt ‘Personen bearbeiten’ ins Programmmenü bewegt.
- Änderungen beim Versenden von E-Mails mit nicht-kompatiblen Programmen (Entourage, PowerMail, MacSOUP): Es können hier keine Umlaute oder Eurozeichen verschickt werden. Sie werden nun durch ähnliche Buchstaben dargestellt bzw. weggelassen statt als Buchstabenmüll zu erscheinen. Außerdem wurden die Zeilenenden für diese Programme angepaßt.
- Dauerhafte Nummernzuordnungen können nun über das Menü in der Gesprächsliste aufgehoben werden. Das ist praktisch, z.B. wenn man sich ‚verklickt‘ hat.
- Initial public releases available in German only