I just checked and it looks like all your feeds are claimed now. I’m still working on that backup posts feed though. More on that hopefully soon.
Scott, Feedster lists those feeds as mine but when clicking on them in the Claimed Feeds bit it says I haven’t claimed them yet. That’s a bit strange.
Now I’ll have to stop Feedster from finding all my comments feeds (which I’ve set up for every post now…) Having comments feeds somehow undermines your claiming authentification trick, I suppose.
About burning a CD and ripping it again. I’ve given this a whirl in iTunes before, and although possible - the track information which is gathered from the CDDB is correct when viewing the playlist, but is screwed up upon import. Meaning that the song information becomes ‘scrambled’ and track 1 is mixed up with track 7 and so forth. At least that was my experience.
Side note: The quality if the rip seems to be unaffected. But I didn’t test this in any way - it’s merely something I noticed.
your problems may be glitches in iTunes, but I don’t think they’re relevant for the ‘breaking DRM’ thing. In fact, I’m pretty sure a little AppleScript will give you all the correct naming you’d ask for. (BTW, I haven’t seen the problem with scrambled track information yet.)
I am pretty sure the quality suffers from going through lossy encoding twice. The question, as usual, will be how apparent it is (for JPEG images, for example, it is). I haven’t tried this out myself either. But ‘for theoretical reasons’, and hence of course fot Slashdot discussion and suchlike, this is a big no-no.
Received data seems to be invalid. The wanted file does probably not exist or the guys at last.fm changed something.