The world according to Sven-S. Porst
« Winter sun •
• Das Pop Live »
Hehe, it’s one of those ‘n-questions’ lists that seems to be going around again. I think I first saw it here.
- What time did you get up this morning? around 11.
- Diamonds or pearls? As a mathematician I can see that ‘No’ is a perfectly acceptable answer here. And I’m not a Prince-person anyway so I might offer Diamonds and Rust instead. But otherwise I’d go for diamonds…
- What was the last film you saw at the cinema? House of Flying Daggers
- What is your favourite TV show? Tough one. My favourite music show, Fast Forward was cancelled a few weeks ago, so I can’t give that as an answer. I do enjoy Sarah’ show very much, though. And I won’t refuse watching the Simpsons either.
- What did you have for breakfast? Ei im Glas – i.e. soft-boiled egg that’s peeled, put in a glass where it’s scrambled and then eaten, a few slices of bread with Nutella and Earl Grey tea. I have the latter two most days and the egg for the weekend.
- What is your middle name? It’s technically not a middle name but a second first name (a simple fact that many computer systems and foreigners aren’t able to understand), so I won’t have to answer that.
- What is your favorite cuisine? Mmmmmmhh, Italian, Japanese, Steak, French, Sweets… hm, don’t know myself.
- What foods do you dislike? Potatoes, spicy food, curry.
- What is your favourite crisp/chip flavour? Ungarisch, i.e. Hungarian but it’s only one company that seems to get it right.
- What is your favourite CD at the moment? Soundtrack of our Lives - Origin vol. 1
- What kind of vehicle do you drive? Bike
- Favourite sandwich? I quite like the classical egg, cress and mayonnaise. But sometimes I think stuff with cheese and plum chutney is better.
- What characteristics do you despise? Most. People being funny or easily amused being one of them.
- Favourite item of clothing? Long sleeve shirts.
- If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? Japan or Australia.
- What colour is your bathroom? White.
- What colour pants are you wearing? Blue.
- Where would you retire to? Wherever I enjoyed living before.
- Favourite time of the day? Evening.
- What was your most memorable birthday? The one when me and my friends could go and play mini golf. It was raining and I was so excited that I forgot to put on outdoor shoes. And in case I forget… I’m sure my parents will remind me.
- Where were you born? Bremen, Germany.
- What’s the last thing you ate? Lasagne and a Knoppers for ‘dessert’.
- If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Red.
- Favorite flower? A simple colourful one.
- What fabric detergent do you use? No idea. Whichever they sell cheaply in big packs. (Actually, there is one brand, Dash, I think, which I refuse because my orthodontist used to smell like it…)
- Coke or Pepsi? Coke.
- Do you wish on stars? No.
- What is your shoe size? 43 (European)
- Do you have any pets? No.
- Last person you talked to on the phone? My mom who arrived in Cape Town a few days ago. Her mobile reception was terrible, so it was a bit difficult to talk.
- What did you want to be when you were little? Pilot. But then I started being short-sighted.
- What are you meant to be doing now? Sleeping.
- What do you first notice about someone? Eyes and mouth.
- Siblings? Yes.
- What was your favourite toy as a child? Lego.
- Summer or winter? Summer. Warm, not hot. Not too humid. Sunny. Long days.
- Hugs or Kisses? Hugs.
- Chocolate or vanilla? Vanilla.
- Who is most likely to respond? You.
- Who is least likely to respond? ?
- Living arrangements? Room in a flat shared with three others.
- When was the last time you cried? Don’t know.
- What is under your bed? Wooden floor. (Thankfully I vacuumed this afternoon, otherwise it would’ve been dust.)
- How many countries have you visited? East Germany (when it still existed), Chechoslovakia (when it still existed, so this might count as Chech republic and Slovakia these days), Austria, Italy, France, Andorra (well, it doesn’t really count, does it?), Spain, Portugal, Luxemburg (passing through), Belgium, Netherlands, U.K. (England, Wales, Northern Ireland never really made it to Scotland), Ireland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, South Africa, Lesotho, Swaziland, Namibia, Zimbabwe (also Botswana, I guess), Kenia (extended stopover with a broken plane), U.S.A, Mexico. Did anyone count?
- In how many cities have you lived? Four: Bremen, Pretoria, Göttingen and Coventry. Well, make that three as Göttingen doesn’t qualify as a proper city.
- Favourite movie of all time? I’d say Clockwork Orange, but actually I can’t really make up my mind.
- Mountains or beach? Beach.
- The current friend you have known the longest? Martin, who lived next door to us in Bremen. I’ve known him for most of my life. Funnily I’m going to visit him tomorrow.
- Full names of your potential kids? No idea.
- Usual bedtime? Around 2.
February 6, 2005, 1:58